Learning

Learning
Learning - Best done in groups

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

EDIM 514 - You.com

For the final project in my "Internet Tools for Teaching" course, I created a digital portfolio of my information and projects that I have completed through Wilkes University.

I chose to use visualize.me as the place to put all of my information.  This particular site allows a person to create a basic infographic about themselves - a "digital resume."  I really liked the different visual options that were available to choose from.  The link to my digital portfolio is below.

Nicole's Visualize.Me          

It was fitting that this final project is at the end of my last "Masters" class.  I included all of the links to the projects that I have completed through Wilkes University.  For my Web 2.0 tools class, I created a weebly.  I was disappointed to find out that this is no longer present.  I did take the specific projects from that course and any other online tool and added it as a link on my digital portfolio.

I can see that this digital portfolio is something that I will continue to add to now that I have started it.  I was quite surprised to see the amount of projects I have created as I went through my Masters program.  I enjoyed viewing each item again.  It brings back memories about the time it takes to complete one of these projects.

I would like to incorporate these online web 2.0 tools with students but have found that this takes time.  I think if I could get my students to use one major online tool per course, I would have to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment