Learning

Learning
Learning - Best done in groups

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

EDIM 508 Introductory Blog - 728 Challenge

This blog post is an introductory assignment in my digital media course, answering the following questions in 20-25 word twitter style.

Who are you and what do you do?
Greetings from Alberta, Canada!  My name is Nicole Bondarchuk.  I am a mother and science teacher currently working as an AISI Teacher coach.
 What is your primary goal for taking this course?
I am interested in applications of digital media for combined teaching and being an instructional media coach down the road.  I love half time teaching!
What is your philosophy of education?
All students have the ability to learn.  A teacher needs to take a student where they are and help them move forward in their learning.
 What do you see as the greatest benefit of using technology and/or digital media in the classroom?
Digital media and technology provides engagement, multiple means of representing a concept and multiple ways for students to transfer their learning.  (Universal design for Learning)
 What is your biggest concern or challenge with using technology and/or digital media in the classroom?
One to one, or two to one continual access to computers and speedy Internet bandwidth is the biggest challenge my school faces.
 Provide an example of how you currently use technology and/or digital media in the classroom.
I have been working with teachers on making writing prompts using discovery education, having students use google docs to collaborate on presentations in English.
 How does your classroom today differ from when you were the same age as your students?
When I was in school, the teacher lectured and was the source of learning.  In my last classroom, students were responsible for their learning. 


1 comment:

  1. You are from Canada eh?!

    I would be interested to hear from your American collegues taking this course what their context is like. For example, what is the availability of technology, do they have 1 to 1 computing in their school, is there a lot of pressure from parents/community to use computers, what are some examples of technology improving student learning...

    ReplyDelete